21-year-old Helen Fincham, from Bridgend, Wales, went to bed a few months ago, like always. When she woke up, she noticed a bit of neck ache, which is common when you sleep funny. By afternoon she was incapable of moving her legs and unable to breathe or move. She was totally paralyzed. At this point she was, of course, well aware that it was something far more serious going on with her than sleeping awkwardly. After returning from a vacation to Ibiza recently, her imagination leapt to some sort of rare virus or a bite from an exotic insect.